The representative of the bank is a VALUATOR, and he will only make sure that the property is worth the mortgage amount .
Our inspection fee is not an expense, but an investment in your home.
Our inspection will include, but is not limited to:
- Structure: Internal & external walls, windows, doors, cracks, certain safety issues, if building is done according to building regulations
- Damp: Rising, flashings & waterproofing
- Roof: Structure & insulation, covering, facias & barge boards, gutters & downpipes (our inspector is a certified ITC roof inspector). We check geyser installation in the roof as well as tile underlay
- Storm water: Assess possible problems
- Exterior: Boundary walls, parapet walls, gates, paving, driveway, apron, pool, lapa, fish pond
- Interior: Damp, cracks, BIC’s, tiling, sanitary ware, shower enclosures, kitchen & bathroom units doors, locks, handles, leaks of sanitary ware, illegal electrical installation, gas installation. (we do not issue compliance certificates, but we will report if we notice illegal installations)
- Building Plans: If building plans are provided we can confirm if the property is built according to it